Friday, June 22, 2007

Oh, my achin' jaw!

After an extended bout with a jaw infection and a burned-up fuel pump (hey, Saab's are great -- until you get the repair bill!), we're back and writing again. Thanks to Dr. Steven Mocrae in the Kozlov Centre for the diagnosis and the quick prescription.

Reviews seem to be pretty mixed about this year's Upper Deck Ultimate. I've only seen a couple packs broken here, and it's nice stuff -- but as always with the higher-dollar product, your results will vary wildly from pack to pack.

I haven't cracked a box yet -- and I'm not sure if I will -- but it keeps calling to me from the shelf right over my left shoulder where I type this. I may give in b the end of the weekend.

In other news, we have placed our preorder for The Cup, and we'll be getting only one case to start. If you want to get your tin(s) (limit two per customer) in advance, let me know via email or through the web site. Tins will be $449.99 each plus tax. I think that's pretty reasonable, but we won't hold them -- you can only buy them in advance.

We also just had a nice run of consignment stuff sell, from a large whack of Blue Jays game jerseys courtesy of Ed Belfour to a bunch of nice high-end cards. Up next through our eBay store (eBay ID: hit_the_icebox) is a nice group of 1952-53 Parkhurst single with both set fillers and a couple beauts, some gameworn Blackhawks jerseys and a few other choice goodies!

On preorder this week: 2007 Benchwarmer Gold Edition at $114.99 + tax per box; 2007 UD Premier Football at $299.99 + tax per box; 2007 Razor Poker (6 autos per box!) at $119.99 + tax per box. Call or email with questions!

No comments: